You’ve spent a ton of time designing your website.
You’ve picked an attractive theme, added stunning images, and crafted compelling copy. 😍
You’re sure visitors will love it (and you).
The only problem?
You aren’t getting any visitors.
In fact, your site is nowhere to be seen on Page 1 (or even #2 or #3) of Google.
What’s going on?
Well, here’s the thing……
Your web design might be the reason your site is ranking so low in search engines.
Ready to turn things around?
Checkout these 3web design mistakes that may be hurting your SEO efforts and your rankings – and how to avoid them.
- Poor Website Navigation
Ever visit a website and have no clue what to do next?
You know, something like this:
I bet it had you running for the hills!
You don’t want your own visitors to do the same.
Instead, you want them to know exactly what to do at a glance.
Plus, you want Google’s web crawlers to understand your site.
To achieve this, make sure to prioritise internally linking between your important pages.
- Slow Page Load Speed
People in the online world move at lightning speed.
They’re constantly flying through social media, hammering away at emails, and zooming past a ton of generic headlines on Google search results.
This means if they take the time to click on your site, and it takes forever to load, they’ll be gone before you know it
After all, you didn’t invent the Keto diet or men’s wool socks. 😝
There are other websites with the same information you have.
If you want your visitors to stay?
Make sure your pages load in three seconds or less.
The scary part is the beautiful WordPress theme you carefully selected might be the reason your site takes an eternity to load.
To fix this?
Ditch your sluggish theme for one of these tried-and-tested favorites:
- Hello Elementor – This theme is simple and minimalistic, allowing for a clean interface and incredible speed.
- Astra – Astra’s theme is one of the fastest loading themes on WordPress. It’s also super easy to use, with attractive pre-built demos for popular industries like pet care, outdoor activities, and more.
- OceanWP – This theme allows you to have a beautiful design without compromising speed. It’s a fully responsive theme that looks great, even on smaller devices.
- A Non-Mobile Friendly SiteEver meet someone who told you he didn’t own a smartphone?If you have, I bet you had a ton of questions for this person.Because the truth is, we expect everyone to own a mobile device.
91% of Aussies own one!
Do these people use their smartphones to consume digital media?
In fact, 70% of all digital media consumed is done from a smartphone!
Worldwide, 52% of web traffic comes from a mobile device.
Of course, Google took notice and came up with mobile-first indexing recently. Which means that they look at and prioritise your mobile site for ranking first.
If your site isn’t optimised for mobile, expect it to essentially be invisible in Google.
What’s more, visitors are 5x more likely to leave a non-mobile-friendly site.
But don’t worry.
It only takes a few tweaks to make your site mobile-friendly
Are you worried your business is committing one of these mortal sins?
Get in touch and we will be happy to take a look for you – 1800 491 668.
At Hey Chiro we are able to assist your clinic with a range of lead generation services including:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) to appear at the top
- Ranking in the local maps on Google to drive phone calls
- Google and Facebook Ads to get leads coming quickly
- Website design to convert visitors to enquiries
Most importantly, we seek to understand your challenges and provide you with marketing services to help you achieve your customer and sales growth goals.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.