This week, I want to talk about keyword research for chiropractors and chiropractic clinics.
This is something that a lot of people are unfamiliar with, but is incredibly important.
Ultimately, keyword research helps you understand exactly what web content to create, to best help your clinic’s goals and target relevant traffic.
There are literally billions of possible keyword combinations out there, and in every language too. Even if you tried, it would be impossible to target them all.
Fortunately, people tend to search for the same things — or often very similar things — for which you can group keywords together. When done right, keyword research helps you find the best keywords for your particular website.
“Winning” keyword research helps you to find phrases and topics which:
- Are most relevant to your clinic;
- Have sufficiently high search volume; and
- Have low competition (e.g. are rankable).
You can see how these factors play together in the diagram below.
Once you have a list of relevant keywords to target, you can create a plan for building content around those keywords. This is your content strategy or content roadmap.
With some keyword research, you can start to answer questions like:
- What are my main topics, and what are my sub-topics?;
- When can I target multiple keywords on a single web page, and when should I split them into separate web pages?;
- What kind of content do users expect when searching for each phrase?; and
- Where does each phrase fall in my visitor’s journey? (i.e. awareness > interest > purchase)
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.