This Adjustment to your Page Title Can Launch You Up Google Results
Jason Schulz, Hey Chiro CEO
Did you know that the title of your website title is one of the most important things you can tweak, in order to see a massive adjustment in your Google rankings?
Not sure how big of a change? Check out this image showing how, when we started working with this Chiropractor in Brisbane, we changed their title to be targeted to their search term and location. They moved from the 7th page of Google to the 2nd page in 1 week.
It almost seems too good to be true. The thing is, most people choose a title for their page that they think describes their business.
This is exactly the wrong thing to do
In order to choose a page title which is going to help you rank in Google you need to choose one which describes how your ideal client searches for your services.
Let’s take a look at a quick example of how to do this. We will stick with the Chiropractor above.
Their page title originally read: “Chiropractor: Open late 7 days”
There are three things wrong with this:
1. It is focused on their point of difference (being open late 7 days and not what people are searching for)
2. There is no mention of the location they serve
3. It is too short
A better page title in this instance would be: “Best Chiropractic Clinic in Brisbane | Chiropractor| [Name of Clinic]”
What did we do here:
1. We included the largest location they serve in the title (Brisbane)
2. We added the two most common variations of their services (Chiropractic and Chiropractor)
3. We used as much of the length of the title as we are allowed
Now, take a look at your page title. Particularly your homepage. Could you adjust it a little in order to appeal more to how people are searching for your services?
If you do give it a try, I would love to hear what difference it makes for you.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.